Danielle Walker has authored three New York Times best-selling cookbooks, and is an admired inspirational speaker. She is a leader in the holistic foods industry and also the voice behind one of the most popular grain-free websites on the Internet, AgainstAllGrain.com. Danielle is a self-trained chef who tempts a range of appetites with innovative and accessible grain-free recipes that are not only healthy and delicious, but also can be credited with saving her life after a diagnosis of a serious autoimmune disease. She lives with her husband and three children in the San Francisco Bay Area.
I’ll never forget the first time I went to the grocery store after switching to a gluten-free diet about eight years ago. Learning about where gluten was hiding in products was an essential part in my education about the food I was buying and eating. Standard grocery stores did not have a lot to offer at the time, and I found myself feeling hopeless in the aisles and confused. I used to travel to two or three stores in one day to get everything I needed.
That is, until I started shopping at Whole Foods Market. Not only was the entire experience more enjoyable, but I was able to find everything I needed in one stop. I could even pick up something premade and hot if I was running low on time for dinner, something I couldn’t do in other stores because the ingredients weren’t listed and could have contained wheat. They have an amazing wayfinding signage system, so you can easily navigate the aisles. To make things even easier on you, here’s my list of my favorite gluten-free products.
- RXBars (my favorite flavor is the Maple Sea Salt!)
- Justin’s Classic Almond Butter
- Simple Mills Crackers
- Siete Tortillas
- Terra Plantain Chips
- Terra Taro Chips
Condiments and Sauces
- Cucina Antica Marinara Sauce
- Cucina Antica Organic Tomato Ketchup
- Primal Kitchen Mayo
- Coconut Secret Coconut Aminos
- Bionaturae Organic Tomato Paste
- Wellshire Sugar Free Bacon
- Applegate Grass-Fed Uncured Beef Hot Dogs
- Veggie Noodle Co. Veggie Spirals
- Bob’s Red Mill Arrowroot Starch/Flour
- Guittard Unsweetened Chocolate Baking Bars
- Nutiva Organic Coconut Flour
- Sweet Tree Organic Coconut Sugar