Gifts, get-togethers and great wines—it must be the holidays! From wine-of-the-moment Whites and Sparklers, to elegant and old-world Reds, our wine experts thoughtfully made this list and checked it twice. We couldn't be more excited to share them with you.
H&M Hofer Grüner Veltliner
- Made with Organically Grown Grapes.
- A big bottle at a great price! Super fresh and crisp. Enticing minerality. White peach, Meyer lemon and green apple flavors up front, then lovely notes of sage and rosemary.
- Goes with: Kaltbach Cave-Aged Le Gruyère AOP cheese, shrimp, oysters, turkey, green olives, warm winter greens, lentils
- Recipe pairing: Apple-Wine Cocktail
Autoritas Sauvignon Blanc
- Fresh-cut herb and green grass aromas greet you from the glass. Soft melon and ripe tropical fruit flavors accentuate the refreshing, clean finish. A truly classic offering from Chile’s Valle Central.
- Goes with: Vermont Creamery Coupole cheese, poached white-fleshed fish, seafood pasta, shrimp, turkey breast, salad greens with goat cheese, friends before a meal
- Recipe pairing: Bay Scallop Linguine with White Wine and Parsley
- An initial holiday burst of evergreen aromas. Ripe tropical flavors, apple and cantaloupe move to oak-influenced vanilla notes. A big, toasty chardonnay—perfect for the season.
- Goes with: Seaside Cheddar, ham, creamy pastas with seafood, risotto, mushroom crêpes, scalloped potatoes
- Recipe pairing: Sesame and Herb Spiral Ham
Chateau des Rôches Fleurie
- Made with Organically Grown Grapes
- A truly special wine. Beautiful warm red color in the glass. Elegance, ripeness with restraint, bright fresh fruit notes and just-right tannins. This is the first bottle to open when you have guests.
- Goes with: The Drunken Goat cheese, charcuterie, smoked salmon, cassoulet, roast duck, croque madame, Indian-inspired dishes, curried chickpeas
- Recipe pairing: Roasted Duck with Pomegranate Glaze
Andover Estate Pinot Noir
- Lovely see-through red in the glass. Nice contrast between rustic earthy aromas and fruity flavors of cherry and cranberry with a touch of sassafras. Classic Northern California purity and balance.
- Goes with: Sartori Herbs des Provence BellaVitano cheese, roasted pork loin, quail, pheasant, roasted winter vegetables
- Recipe pairing: Easy Porchetta Pork Tenderloin
Francis Ford Coppola Director’s Cut Technicolor
- This big California Red offers aromas of spice, plum and a touch of creamy vanilla. Forward berry flavors mix with ripe red plum, cherries and a warm spicy note. Exceptional balance between jammy richness and fine structured tannins.
- Goes with: Uniekaas Robusto cheese, short ribs, beef fillet, porterhouse steak, brisket, wild rice pilaf with cranberries, stuffed winter squash
- Recipe pairing: Brisket with Root Vegetables
Criterion Chianti Classico
- The Old World infuses this beautiful Chianti. Look for aromas of cherry, dried flowers and a touch of spice. Forward dried cherry flavors balance with cranberry and leather notes. Elegant structure through the lingering finish.
- Goes with: Parmigiano Reggiano, pork chops, baked lasagna, red sauce, pizza, robust vegetarian pasta, Game Day!
- Recipe pairing: Superfast Weeknight Lasagna
Camino Calixo Cava
- Cascading fine beads shine in this pale golden Sparkler. Wafts of green apple, brioche and white flowers. Caramel-covered green apple flavors. Citrus and toasty notes in a finish of lingering complexity.
- Goes with: Bonhomme Brie, cheese plates, finger foods, toasted almonds, cake, any occasion—or non-occasion
- Recipe pairing: Flourless Honey-Almond Cake
Santa Julia Malbec del Mercado
- Serve more guests with this big bottle! The true fruit shines through in every sip. Plum and chocolate aromas give way to flavors of cassis and spice. Enticing smoky, floral finish.
- Goes with: Cypress Grove Humboldt Fog cheese, lamb, beef stews, sweeter barbecue, teriyaki, fruit-based glazes, sloppy joes, vegetarian chili
- Recipe pairing: Family Favorite Sloppy Joes
J. Lassalle Brut Premier Cru
- Golden reflections and endless lively bubbles in the glass. Refined and crisp.
- Layered flavors of ripe Fuji apple, white peach and a graceful floral component. A masterful example of a Grower Champagne.
- Goes with: Cellars at Jasper Hill Harbison cheese, oysters Rockefeller, crab cakes, deviled eggs, seared scallops, fresh Italian cheeses, lemon tartlets, profiteroles, the beginning of the meal
- Recipe pairing: Easy Oysters Rockefeller
Chateau La Commanderie de Saint-Génis Bordeaux Supérieur
- Aromas of deep red fruits and the French countryside. A colorful palette of flavors, from red cherry to plum to currant, with just a wisp of tobacco. Lovely minerality. A quintessential Bordeaux.
- Goes with: Rogue Creamery Oregon Blue cheese, classic French cuisine, standing rib roast, mushroom dishes, scalloped potatoes
- Recipe pairing: Celery Root and Potato Gratin