Spring has sprung! While everything in nature is busy turning over a shiny new leaf, why not follow suit with a little spring renewal of your own? Here are three easy ways to freshen up your life as the days lengthen and the ground thaws.
1. Renew Your Kitchen
Dump out that drawer that holds everything from spatulas to matches to old batteries. Sort, toss, recycle, donate!
- Use a fancy feather duster (or unfancy damp rag) to clean off the top of the cabinets. Got a bunch of knickknacks and decorative jars up there? Take them all down, spruce them up, then decide if they deserve to go back up.
- Tackle the fridge door. How many half-empty bottles of wasabi mustard do you need? Anything expired, sticky, dripping or just plain weird in there? You know what to do.
- Make a simple spray of diluted vinegar and wipe down all handles, knobs and switches. Rinse. Relish the clean.
2. Renew Your Diet
Add one new vegetable to your dinner repertoire this week. Cook it however you think it will be most delicious.
- For three straight days, pay attention to how you feel after you eat. Write it down. Did your meal or snack make you feel energized? Satisfied? Panicky? Slavering for more? Did you crash an hour later?
- Try to have one undistracted meal a day. No reading, no watching TV, no conversation (really!). Just eat.
3. Renew Your Body
- Drink more water. Try a big glass before your first cup of coffee.
Treat yourself to a luxe new lotion or shower gel in a scent you love. Take a little extra time getting ready in the morning.
- Take a deep belly breath. Try to link this to something you do often, like sending a text message or checking your watch.
- Stuck at a desk all day? Set a reminder to get up and groove every hour.
What small steps do you take to welcome spring and renew yourself?