- 4 cups cubed rustic white or whole wheat bread
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 (15-ounce) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 medium red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 pound crumbled queso fresco cheese
In a large bowl whisk together garlic, mustard and vinegar. In a slow, steady stream, whisk in the oils until the dressing has emulsified. Add beans, onion, and parsley and stir well. Add bread, salt and pepper, mix well, cover and set aside to let marinate for 1 hour. Garnish with cheese and serve.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.