- Canola spray oil
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 cup low-fat (1%) milk
- 1 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
Put butter and sugar into a large bowl and mash together with a fork until well combined. Add eggs and vanilla and stir well. In a separate medium bowl, mix together flour, baking powder and salt. Add flour mixture to sugar mixture in thirds, alternating with the milk. Stir in oats, chocolate chips and pecans until combined then transfer batter to prepared pan, smooth out evenly and bake until golden brown around the edges and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean, about 30 minutes. Set aside to let cool then cut into squares and serve.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.