Double Chocolate Cake
- 3 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate, chopped
- 1 1/4 cup unsweetened almondmilk
- 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2/3 cup pitted dates
- 2 teaspoons espresso powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup gluten-free baking flour blend
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
Melt chocolate in the top of a double boiler placed over simmering water, stirring occasionally until smooth. Set aside to cool.
In a blender, combine almondmilk, applesauce, dates, espresso powder and vanilla. Blend until smooth, 1 to 2 minutes. In a bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Pour in date mixture and stir just until combined. Stir in chocolate. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan (remove the clip or clothespin). Bake in the middle of the oven until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with just a few crumbs clinging to it, about 30 minutes. Cool the cake in the pan on a rack. Run a knife around the edge and invert the cake onto a platter. Remove the paper.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.