- 5 tomatoes, cored and roughly chopped or 2 cups halved cherry or grape tomatoes
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces brie, with rind, or other semi-soft cheese such as Fontina, cut into (1-inch) pieces
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 pound whole wheat penne
- 1 cup basil leaves, torn
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add penne and cook until al dente, about 10 minutes. Drain well and transfer hot pasta to bowl with tomato mixture. Add basil and toss gently to combine. Serve immediately.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.