For those of us who try to follow a healthy eating plan, working in an office environment can be a minefield of indulgent snacks! It seems like everywhere you turn there is another bowl of candy, homemade cake or catered-lunch-leftovers ready for the taking.
Fortunately, with a little bit of planning ahead, you can ensure your own office snack drawer is stocked with healthier, satisfying foods to power you through the rest of your day. Whether you have a sweet tooth or tend to snack on the savory side, our snack ideas are full of wholesome flavor.
Here are some tricks to ensure office snacking success:
- Prep snacks at home, portioning them into individual servings.
- Keep both sweet and savory options on hand to fit your mood.
- Shop the bulk department for items like nuts, seeds or new-to-you ingredients for making your own mixes.
- Opt for whole, unsalted nuts instead of flavored varieties.
- Store dried fruits, crunchy chickpeas and more in glass Mason jars to ensure they stay fresh throughout your workweek.
- Make large batches to restock your snack supply for the whole week.
- Keep an insulated cooler with a cold pack for chilled snacks like hummus or vegetable dips.
Try a few of these recipes for your office snack drawer.