Have you heard the buzz about biodynamic agriculture ? Biodynamic farmers raise food with the big picture in mind—people, plants, animals and the environment. If you’re looking for new ways to eat in tune with nature, supporting biodynamic farms is easy…and delicious.
Like organic farmers, biodynamic farmers avoid synthetic chemical pesticides, synthetic fertilizers and GMOs. In addition, biodynamic farmers focus on specific, farm-made solutions for pest control, soil health and fertility. They strive to reduce the volume of imported materials, reduce their impact on the environment and nurture the potential of the farm’s own resources, which include water and biodiversity.
Whole Foods Market® stores offer a bevy of biodynamic products—such as Yellow Barn Biodynamic Pasta Sauces and Delallo Biodynamic Whole Wheat Spaghetti—that can help you throw together a meal in minutes. In addition, here are a few of our favorite recipes with tips for incorporating biodynamic ingredients.
1. Whip up Superfast Weeknight Lasagna — and give it a little kick with Yellow Barn Biodynamic Organic Arrabiata Pasta Sauce.
2. Sweeten your morning oatmeal with Pomegranate Molasses made with Lakewood Organic Biodynamic Pure Pomegranate Juice.
3. Throw together a Spicy Seaweed Salad using Lundberg Biodynamic Organic Short Grain Brown Rice.
4. Get festive with a Sesame and Herb Spiral Ham featuring Crofter’s Biodynamic Apricot Premium Spread.
5. Whip up a Warm Orzo Salad with Broccoli and Tomatoes with Delallo Biodynamic Whole Wheat Orzo in a starring role.
6. Serve a Sherried Cranberry Smash at cocktail hour. You can use Lakewood Organic Biodynamic Pure Cranberrry Juice plus fresh Biodynamic cranberries from our produce department.
7. Make a batch of Broccoli Salad with Walnuts and Currants . Natural Nectar Biodynamic Organic Apple Cider Vinegar gives the simple dressing a Biodynamic boost.
8. Amaze guests with Mango-Crab Sushi appetizers. You’ll find Lundberg Biodynamic Organic Sushi Rice Lundberg Biodynamic Organic Short Grain Brown Rice in our bulk section.
9. Bake classic Thumbprint Cookies filled with Crofter’s Biodynamic Strawberry Premium Spread. Your friends and family will thank you!
Hungry for more ways to support biodynamic farms? Look for the Demeter Certified Biodynamic label on products throughout the store, including produce, chocolate and wine. The label is your way of knowing that a farm meets the Biodynamic Farm and Processing Standards set forth by Demeter International , which is the world’s oldest ecological certification body.