Calling all bacon lovers! We’re marking #InternationalBaconDay with a gotta-get-it now deal. On Saturday, September 2 only, buy one, get one free for either of these two favorites: Nature’s Rancher Bacon (12 oz) or Applegate Organic Sunday Bacon (8 oz).*
Recipe: BLT Pasta Salad
So, what makes the bacon we sell better? We’ll tell you!
- No antibiotics, ever. We offer bacon from farmers and ranchers who go the extra mile to raise their animals without depending on antibiotics for any use.
- No added growth hormones. While federal regulations prohibit the use of hormones in raising pork, our standards don’t allow them in any meat production.
- No artificial preservatives. All of the bacon we sell is made without synthetic nitrates or nitrites.
- No animal byproducts. Our standards prohibit animal byproducts in the animal’s feed.
- No gestation or farrowing crates. No crates, cages or tethers are permitted during the animal’s daily life. This includes but is not limited to gestation crates and farrowing stalls for sows.
Recipe: Bacon Manchego Dates
Bacon adds salty-sweet, smoky flavor and crunch to everything from sandwiches to salads to baked goods and beyond. Here are eight of our favorite recipes that put bacon in the spotlight.
- BLT Pasta Salad. Two popular dishes — BLT sandwich and pasta salad — meet for the ultimate upgrade and an ideal Labor Day potluck contribution.
- Bacon Manchego Dates. Serve up these Spanish-inspired showstoppers at your next party and earn applause.
- Bacon and Sweet Potato Muffins. Start the day with savory gluten-free muffins made with oats, sweet potato purée and bacon.
- Gorgonzola and Smoky Bacon Burgers. Add wow to your weeknight dinner with these hearty burgers.
- Collard Greens and Bacon English Muffins. Crisp bacon + sweet red peppers + tender collard greens = a super satisfying breakfast or brunch dish.
- Bacon Bread. This fragrant savory tea bread will be an unexpected delight as part of your brunch spread.
- Heirloom Tomato BLTs. Make the most of flavorful late summer heirloom tomatoes and pair with bacon in these classic sandwiches.
- Chard with Bacon and Apple. Smoky bacon pairs with sweet apple in this flavor-packed side dish.
And remember to save leftover bacon! Crumbled bacon adds a boost of flavor and crunch as a garnish on soups, salads, Mexican-style grilled corn, pizza, savory oatmeal, grain bowls, mac and cheese, cornbread, green beans and more.
*Valid 9/2/17. While supplies last. Not valid at Whole Foods Market 365™ stores. U.S. only. No rain checks.