Ready to get started with your Thanksgiving menu planning? Check out our top 10 Thanksgiving recipes, covering the classics (basic brine for turkey, oven-roasted Brussels sprouts and more) as well as some surprises (Thanksgiving “risotto,” butternut squash rolls and more).
1. Basic Brine for Turkey opens in a new tab
Get the scoop on a classic, simple brine of salt, sugar and aromatic flavors.
2. Oven-Roasted Brussels Sprouts opens in a new tab
This well-loved recipe offers a must-know roasting approach, plus three tasty variations.
3. Maple-Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Pumpkin Seeds opens in a new tab
Brussels sprouts again! We (and you) can’t get enough. Here they are roasted and tossed with olive oil, sea salt, maple syrup and pumpkin seeds.
4. Thanksgiving “Risotto” opens in a new tab
Consider this nontraditional risotto as a main dish for a vegetarian Thanksgiving menu. It combines classic holiday flavors (cranberries, pumpkin, sage, pumpkin and thyme) in a hearty rice-based dish.
5. Butternut Custard Pecan Pie opens in a new tab
This lovely pie features stars two fall favorites: pecans and butternut squash. And it’s also gluten free and grain free.
6. Butternut Squash Rolls opens in a new tab
Pureed butternut squash adds rich flavor and sunny color to homemade rolls.
7. Easy Duchess Potatoes opens in a new tab
These gorgeous individual servings of mashed potatoes are sure to please, between their charming appearance and can’t-be-beat flavor. Bonus: They can be made ahead and frozen.
8. Orange-Cranberry Sauce opens in a new tab
In addition to serving this with turkey, consider stirring a dollop of this delightfully tart sauce into plain yogurt.
9. Harvest-Stuffed Acorn Squash opens in a new tab
A stuffing made of cranberries, sweet potato, apple and fresh herbs fills acorn squash halves in this festive recipe.