Interested in switching to a better deodorant but don’t know where to start? Tune in to this encore podcast presentation to educate yourself on the variety of options and hear what makes natural deodorants effective. Malia Curran, MS, MPH, is a nutrition and health consultant.Educate yourself on deodorant options:
- Natural deodorants do not contain aluminum chlorohydrate, which works by clogging pores and thus inhibiting sweat – a natural and necessary function of the body.
- There is no compromise on selection. Natural deodorants are available in sprays, sticks, roll ons, and crystals, and in a variety of scents for both men and women.
Natural deodorant supports the natural function of the skin:
- Sweat is not the source of under arm odor; bacteria is.
- Natural ingredients like baking soda, fruit extracts, and essential oils of tea tree, lavender, aloe, and lemon grass are proven to be effective in reducing bacteria.
It is important for the body to sweat:
- The skin performs many of its jobs through sweating: releasing toxins, controling body temperature; allowing the skin to heal and breathe. Without sweating, the body can’t naturally rid itself of potentially harmful toxins.
- Natural deodorants allow skin to work naturally while reducing odor.
- Natural deodorants may need to be applied more than once throughout the day, but the health benefits are truly worth the extra effort.