You don’t need to choose between cents and sensibility on the road to healthy eating. Make a smart start in 2014 with these money-saving tips.
- Go organic with ease. Shop for our 365 Everyday Value® organic products, seek out sales, use coupons and scoop up savings from bulk bins.
- Subscribe to savings. Sign up for The Whole Deal email newsletter to receive notice of new online coupons and bonus coupons!
- Bang for your buck. Foods like whole grains, beans, lentils, fruits and veggies give you more nutrients for less cash. Hungry for inspiration? Check out our recent post on super foods.
- Save in season. Citrus fruits and dark leafy greens are in season now. Make the most of it by trying new varieties as they go on sale and find tasty recipes here.
- Bulk up. From nuts and grains to dried fruit and beans, buy only the amount you need at great prices from our bulk bins.
- Cut waste. Use only what you need, when you need it with bags of frozen fruits, veggies, grilled chicken, shrimp and scallops.
- It pays to plan. Creating a meal plan before you shop is a key ingredient for healthy, hearty and wallet-friendly meals. (Tip: Read our Meal Planning Tips for Healthy Families.)
- Batch cooking. Cook beans and grains — quinoa, spelt, barley, rice — when you have the time, for fast and healthy meals later.
What’s your best money-saving tip for healthy eating? Share in the comments below.