3…2…the countdown to Valentine’s Day is on. Luckily, with budget recipes and deals, it’s never too late to kiss a budget busting Valentine’s Day goodbye. Here are my top money-saving picks worth embracing:
RECIPES FOR ROMANCE
- LEARN TO COOK: Seared Scallops. Scallops don’t have to be a restaurant treat when they’re this easy to make. With a few tricks up your sleeve, you can prepare them impressively at home. Serve over cooked pasta or grains, or alongside steamed or grilled vegetables. (Tip: Download and print a coupon for Frozen Whole Catch® Wild Caught Sea Scallops.)
- Cherry-Rooibos Steeped Grapefruit. Segments of sweet, tangy grapefruit and sour cherries are perfectly steeped in honey-sweetened rooibos tea. Serve as is or spoon over Greek yogurt or ice cream.
- Chocolate-Dipped Anything. Get in the kitchen with your loved one and do this together! Let your imagination run wild dipping all manner of goodies in rich, velvety dark chocolate.
- Whole Foods Market™ Assorted Chocolates. Does your Valentine dream in dark chocolate, caramel and sea salt or maybe white chocolate and vanilla buttercream? Of course they do! Premium Belgian chocolates are a Valentine’s Day must-have. With a price tag of only $9.99, ours are a can-do! Plus, you’ll get bonus points for its heart-shaped box. 14 pieces.
- Whole Foods Market™ Tanzania Schoolhouse Project Organic Chocolate Bar. We’ve done our homework and found a chocolate bar you can feel good about giving for no more than $2.99. It's made with 72% cacao, and a portion of the proceeds helps fund the education of children in the Kyela district of Tanzania. The Whole Trade® Guarantee blends quality, environment and responsible trade. Plus, 1% of sales is donated to Whole Planet Foundation®. It’s perfect for dipping too! Dark Chocolate & Almond or Dark Chocolate. 3.5 oz
- Globerati wine. Globerati offers the latest and greatest wines from around the globe at just $6.99 a bottle. The Bonarda awes with red currant, black cherry and plum notes, dark chocolate and vanilla. While Gascogne Blanc offers grapefruit and juicy white peach and pairs deliciously with seared scallops. Choose from Bonarda, Cabernet Sauvignon, Gascogne Blanc, Sauvignon Blanc or Sangiovese and uncork savings. 750 ml*.
- Bodegas Belgrano Malbec. This classic Argentine Malbec, deep purple with violet hues, offers bright, dark cherry aromas and delicate floral notes. You can partner with this ripe, firm and full-bodied Red for just $7.99. 750 ml*
*We are prohibited by law from selling alcohol in some of our stores.
Do you have any last-minute ideas that won’t break the bank? Share in the comments below.