- 10 ounces dried linguine
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup dry white wine (or 2 tablespoons lemon juice in 1/4 cup water)
- 3/4 cup half and half
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 (4-ounce) package smoked salmon, cut into thin strips
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh dill
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Lemon wedges
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Meanwhile, heat oil and butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallot and cook until softened, about 3 minutes. Add white wine and simmer until reduced by half, another 2 to 3 minutes. Reduce heat, add half and half and peas and gently simmer 2 to 3 minutes more, then add salmon and dill. Heat through and let sauce thicken slightly. Drain pasta and toss in pan with sauce to coat. Season with salt and pepper and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice before serving.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.