- 1 pork tenderloin (approximately 1/2 lb)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons Caribbean barbecue seasoning
- 1 loaf ciabatta bread
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise (optional)
- 4 ounces Black Forest or other lean deli ham
- 4 ounces sliced muenster cheese
- 2 dill pickles, thinly sliced lengthwise
Half ciabatta lengthwise and spread with mayonnaise (if using) then layer with sliced pork, ham, cheese and pickle slices. Place top on sandwich and brush bread with olive oil. Press down very firmly on sandwich. Place on the grill* and weigh down with a heavy cast-iron skillet or 2 to 3 bricks wrapped in foil. Flatten the sandwich to about 1/4 its original thickness while grilling and cook until the cheese is melted, about 3 minutes on each side.
*If using a double-sided sandwich maker, grill 3 to 4 minutes.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.