- 1 pound elbow or shell pasta, cooked al dente
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, divided
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 cups grated sharp cheddar
- 2 1/2 cup crumbled Rogue Creamery Oregon Blue, divided
- 1/4 fine sea salt
- 1/4 ground black pepper
- pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
Pour mixture into buttered baking dish. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs and reserved 1/2 cup blue cheese. Bake until crumbs are browned and cheese is bubbling, about 30 minutes.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.