Oven-Roasted Lamb Kebabs with Tzatziki Sauce
- 2 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cucumber, peeled, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 red onions, thickly sliced into wedges
- 1/2 lemon, Juice of
- 6 bamboo skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes
- 1 pound thick-cut boneless lamb chops, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 10 cremini mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 2 red or yellow bell peppers, seeded, and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Assemble kebabs by threading lamb, mushrooms, peppers, and sliced onions onto the skewers, alternating them as you go so that each kebab has a bit of each. Place all kebabs on a baking sheet and season generously with salt and pepper, turning skewers around to season all sides. Drizzle with oil, once again turning the skewers to evenly coat all of the meat and vegetables.
Bake about 12 minutes for medium rare or 15 minutes for medium to medium well. Alternately, grill at high heat, turning and browning all sides until cooked through. Transfer kebabs to a platter and serve with tzatziki sauce on the side.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.