- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound beef skirt steak
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 2 red or yellow bell peppers, halved and seeded
- Whole grain mustard
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns, toasted
- 1/2 pound blue gouda cheese, sliced
- 4 slices red or yellow onion
Prepare a grill or broiler, coating with the canola oil to prevent sticking. Broil or grill peppers and skirt steak until peppers are softened and steak is medium rare, about 5 to 8 minutes per side or until internal temperature of steak reaches 130 to 135°F. Remove and let rest 10 to 15 minutes. Meanwhile, spread mustard on hamburger buns.
Slice skirt steak across the grain into slices about 1/2-inch thick. Assemble sandwiches with equal amounts skirt steak topped with cheese, roasted peppers and onions. Serve immediately.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.