- 4 pounds short ribs, cut into 2- to 3-inch pieces by your butcher, trimmed of excess fat
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons apricot fruit spread
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon finely diced peeled fresh ginger
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon five spice powder
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
Transfer ribs to a platter with tongs and cover with foil (you can serve them with or without the bones). Pour liquid in bottom of slow cooker into a glass measuring cup and let sit until fat rises to the top, 2 to 3 minutes. Spoon off and discard fat and pour liquid over ribs. Sprinkle with green onions and sesame seeds and serve.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.