If you follow a paleo-friendly diet and you’re looking for ways to make it easier and more delicious, read our guide to get inspired.
Shopping for Paleo-Friendly Foods
There are no absolute rules for a paleo-friendly diet, but generally it includes an emphasis on lean meats and seafood, fruits and veggies, and nuts and seeds. Try these tips for navigating shopping and meal planning.
- Prioritize in-season, organically grown fruits and vegetables.
- Pick up organic frozen vegetables and 365 Everyday Value Organic riced cauliflower to keep in the freezer. Unsweetened frozen fruits are great too.
- Look for grain alternatives like spiralized veggie noodles (or make your own veggie noodles) and riced cauliflower in the Produce department.
- Keep canned fish like wild salmon, sardines and tuna on hand for impromptu meals.
- Choose oils and fats like coconut oil, avocado oil, macadamia nut oil and extra-virgin olive oil.
- Pick up a selection of nuts and seeds for snacking and cooking. Replace dairy milk with nut-based alternatives like almond milk and coconut milk.
- To boost flavor when you cook, stock condiments like coconut aminos, fish sauce, herbs, spices and vinegars. Keep staples like ginger, garlic, scallions and citrus on hand too.
These paleo-friendly picks are among our favorites