- 8 ounces capellini pasta
- 1 (8-ounce) bag cippolini onions, peeled
- 10 cloves garlic, peeled, split in half
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large fennel bulb, cut in 1/2 inch pieces
- 4 Roma tomatoes, cut in 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon dry oregano
- Pinch crushed red chile flakes
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 4 teaspoons romano cheese, (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add pasta and cook until al dente, about 8 minutes. Drain well. Serve vegetable mixture over pasta and topped with cheese, if using.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.