- 4 portobello mushroom caps
- 1/2 cup peanut or almond butter
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium tamari
- 1 tablespoon peeled and chopped fresh ginger
- 3 pitted dates, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 small serrano pepper, seeded and chopped (optional)
- Chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Lime wedges, for serving
Prepare a grill for medium-heat cooking or heat a grill pan. Thread mushrooms onto skewers. (If using wooden skewers, remember to soak them first.) Grill mushrooms, turning frequently, until tender and browned, about 8 minutes. Transfer to a platter and pour reserved peanut sauce over mushrooms. Sprinkle with cilantro and serve with lime wedges.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.