- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup roughly chopped cremini mushrooms
- 1 cup packed baby spinach
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup cooked or canned black beans, rinsed, drained and divided
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 cup frozen brown rice, thawed
- 8 ounces spaghetti
- 1 (25-ounce) jar pasta sauce
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Form mixture into 1 1/2-inch balls and transfer to a lightly oiled baking sheet. Bake meatballs until crisp on the outside, about 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add pasta and cook until tender, about 9 minutes. Drain well and return to pot. Add pasta sauce and toss until combined and heated through. Add meatballs and toss very gently to combine, taking care not to break up meatballs. Serve.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.