Spicy Tomato Soup with Poached Eggs and Blue Cheese
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 bunch collard greens, stems and tough ribs removed, leaves finely chopped (about 7 lightly packed cups)
- 1 (28-ounce) can puréed tomatoes
- 1 (28-ounce) can no-salt-added crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red chile flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha sauce, plus more for serving
- 6 large eggs
- 6 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
Add puréed tomatoes, crushed tomatoes, chile flakes, salt, Sriracha and 1/2 cup water to the pan. Bring to a boil over high heat, lower heat and simmer, covered, 10 minutes. Uncover and crack eggs into the soup. Cover, turn heat off and let sit until egg whites are just set, 8 to 10 minutes. Ladle soup into bowls and sprinkle with cheese.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.