This affordable, healthy breakfast provides protein, whole grains and fresh fruit to help you start your morning right. Simply mix the ingredients together and refrigerate overnight. Enjoy it cold or warm the next morning.
- 2 cups rolled oats (not instant or quick cooking)
- 2 cups low-fat milk, unsweetened soymilk or almondmilk
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, walnuts or almonds
- 2 peaches or apricots pitted and sliced
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar (optional)
Combine oats, milk, zest and vanilla in a bowl, cover and refrigerate overnight. The next morning, scoop oatmeal into bowls and top with pecans, peaches and a drizzle of agave nectar. Serve cold or warm in the microwave.
Per serving: 320 calories (100 from fat), 11g total fat, 1.5g saturated fat, 5mg cholesterol, 55mg sodium, 44g carbohydrates (5g dietary fiber, 17g sugar), 13g protein.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember - we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information.
See our Terms of Service