Herb-Marinated Chicken with White Beans
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped (1 1/2 teaspoons)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped herbs, such as rosemary, parsley, tarragon and oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch slices or 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 (15-ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
Heat remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large pan over moderate heat. Add onion and cook until it begins to soften, about 4 minutes. Add chicken, and allow to brown lightly without stirring initially. Begin turning chicken and cook, stirring occasionally, until chicken is cooked through and brown all over, about 8 minutes. Add beans and continue to cook until a light sauce forms around chicken pieces, about 2 minutes.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.