- 8 eggs
- 1 medium beet, cooked, peeled and quartered
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 16 very small fresh mint leaves or 2 teaspoons thinly sliced fresh mint leaves
Halve eggs lengthwise. Scoop out yolks and place them in a food processor along with beet, mayonnaise, mustard, salt and pepper. Process until smooth, stopping frequently to scrape down the sides of the bowl. Add chives and pulse until combined. Pipe or spoon the yolk mixture into the egg whites and place them on a platter. Top each with a whole mint leaf or a sprinkling of sliced mint leaves.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.