- 1 pound frozen sea scallops, defrosted
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- Fine sea salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 pound heirloom tomatoes, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1/4 cup packed fresh basil
Whisk lemon juice, garlic, Dijon mustard and sugar in a small bowl to blend. Slowly whisk in olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
Layer tomatoes, scallops and basil leaves on a large platter, alternating and overlapping them. Drizzle with vinaigrette. Alternatively, toss the scallops, tomatoes and basil together and toss with the vinaigrette. Taste and adjust seasoning.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.