I have been fortunate to participate in a handful of Seder dinners and at each one, I was awed by the reverence paid to the long-standing rituals of the celebration. Notably, however, each family had tailored the celebration to include less traditional but still kosher-for-passover dishes and products to meet the needs and palate of everyone at the table.
At Whole Foods Market®, we’ve got kosher cooking basics from salt (look for 365 Everyday Value® Sea Salt High Quality Mediterranean Sea Salt – Coarse or Fine Crystals) to olive oil (365 Everyday Value® Extra Virgin Olive Oil Cold pressed 100% Italian) and holiday essentials from gefilte fish to grape juice. You’ll also find less traditional but no less important kosher finds too.
Whatever you reach for, rest assured our grocery buyers work closely with our vendor partners to develop delicious kosher products that meet our strict quality standards meaning they’re free of hydrogenated fats and artificial preservatives, colors and flavors.
Here’s a sample of what’s in-store for you:
- Organic whole wheat matzo, matzo meal, matzo farfel and cake meal. Thanks to Aviv, a 125-year-old traditional matzo producer in Israel, you have plenty of organic matzo options.
- Organic grape juice. As an essential part of the Passover Seder, Avvio’s organic grape juice is made just for Whole Foods Market. Nonalcoholic, it’s made with 100% Concord grape juice.
Tradition with a Twist
- Streit’s Quinoa. Since 1925, when Aron Streit opened his first matzo bakery, Streit’s has been a premiere purveyor of kosher foods. Their new kosher-for-passover quinoa only available at Whole Foods Market stores.
- Matzo + granola = Matzolah. Made with Streit’s Matzo, Foodman's whole wheat Maple Nut Granola is a delicious breakfast or afternoon snack during the Passover season and beyond.
- Jelly Rings. Harrison's Original Sweet Shoppe’s non-dairy chocolate covered raspberry jelly rings are sure to please during Passover.
- Fruit Slices. Enjoy another non-dairy delight with Harrison's Original Sweet Shoppe’s raspberry, orange and lemon fruit slices.
- Macaroons. Delicately sweet and crisp, Glick's macaroons are offered in chocolate, chocolate chip, almond and coconut varieties.
This is just a sampling of the Passover foods available in many of our stores. Kosher options vary by store, so contact your local Whole Foods Market to learn more about their specific selection and how they can help you with your special meal.
What will you be serving during Passover? Let me know in the comments below.