- 1/2 cup sherry wine, divided
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons brown rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh chile pepper, such as jalapeño
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1/4 medium white onion, chopped
- 2 cups chopped kale or other dark leafy green
- 1 cup shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and halved
- 1 cup snap peas or broccoli florets
- 2 1/2 cup frozen Engine 2 Plant-Strong® Organic Wild Rice Blend Grain Medley
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
Heat a large skillet over medium heat until hot. Add onion and cook until beginning to brown and stick to the pan, about 4 minutes. Stir in remaining 1/4 cup sherry. Add kale, mushrooms and snap peas, and cook, stirring frequently, until softened, about 3 minutes. Stir in rice blend and orange juice mixture, and cook until most liquid is absorbed, rice is heated through and vegetables are crisp-tender, about 6 minutes. Remove from heat, garnish with sesame seeds and serve.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.