Sunrise Breakfast Smoothie
What’s in your perfect smoothie — yogurt, fruit, milk or juice? How about adding a sprinkle of nuts or seeds, a handful of greens or cooked grains and packing in more nutrition.
Here are a few scrumptious and smart smoothie additions.
Greens. Handfuls of spinach, kale, collards, parsley, chard or romaine lettuce
- Veggies. Cooked sweet potato, pumpkin or butternut squash
- Grains. Generous spoonful of cooked brown rice or quinoa. (Blend with ease; the neutral flavors pair with most combos)
- Healthy Fats. 1–2 tablespoons mashed avocado, nut or seed butter, flaxseed meal or chia seeds
- Something Creamy. A scoop of silken tofu
- Sweet. Dates, banana, berries or orange
If you’re not quite ready to invent your own combination, try this simply delicious Sunrise Breakfast Smoothie. It makes magic with a carrot, banana, raspberries, an orange, yogurt, oats and almondmilk.
In fact, we have more than 20 smoothie recipes for inspiration. Tailor them to meet your tastes and use what smart additions you have on hand to create your perfect smoothie.
Leafy greens? Sunflower seeds? Tahini? Share your favorite smart smoothie additions below!